Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Dresser

As many of you know, I love to make things. I love to create cool stuff. Well, I looked at my old dresser,  and thought it looked a little plain, so I fancied it up a bit.

Here is the before:








I love the black, but doesn't it look like it needs something? So I went to my favorite craft store, Roberts, bought some scrapbook paper, a sponge brush and some Modge Podge and went to town. I spent a total of $10 and it looks completely different! I still need to add the hardware, but I am loving how it looks!! Here is the after:






I finally got all the hardware on it! Here is the finished piece!



7 comments:

  1. Am loving this ....will use this idea on a future project...THANKS! Awesome job!!!Oh and will be adding a thumbnail to my blog page, hopefully people will discover your creative blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this post on Better After. You did a great job. The hardwarwe finished it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops, I meant "hardware." I hate when I spell word incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. were you missing a drawer to begin with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dresser did have all the drawers to begin with. I started on the first drawer and remembered that I needed to take a before picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, what a beautiful AFTER. I have no idea that scrapbook paper would work with Modge Podge ~ always thought it had to be fabric. Thank you for sharing and keep up the beautiful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dresser! Totally awesome. I am going to follow your blog. Hope you will follow mine too! I have some re-do's in the works. Thanks.
    RobbinB

    ReplyDelete